[Evolution] Problem with locking mbox

Hi --

I reinstalled my Debian Linux system when my hard disk failed (and was
replaced), reinstalled Ximian Gnome and Evolution 0.8, and then unpacked
my old evolution directory into /home/chlee/evolution from a tarfile.
Everything works great except that when I try to import my new mail I
get the error "Error while fetching email from mbox:/var/mail/chlee:
Could not create lock file for /var/mail/chlee: Permission denied".  I
couldn't figure-out where it was trying to create a lock file by looking
at the results from strace (I haven't used lockfiles yet in my own
programming so my intuition is no help).

Can anyone suggest what I might do to get my mail importing to work
again?  I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to track down by
browsing CVS sources.....  Maybe a directory permission is set
incorrectly on my reinstalled system?

Thanks for your help,
 -Chris

p.s. Evolution is going to be awesome -- keep up the good work
guys+gals!