Re: [Evolution] Huge problems with evo snapshot

On 23 Jan 2001 10:38:53 -0500, Peter Teichman wrote:
We're using oaf-stable-0-6.

Whenever you upgrade Evolution packages, you should run 'oaf-slay' to
make sure that no old versions of the components are still
running. They don't like to play nicely with the new ones.

No, trust me, that's the first thing I tried :)  I meant the Debian
snapshot package is of Oaf HEAD, which is wrong because Evo uses
oaf-stable-0-6.  When I built oaf-stable-0-6 from CVS myself, it started
working again.  Could someone check the Debian package of Oaf?  At least
update to the latest CVS stable branch, according to the date after the
version in the snapshot package, it was last updated in December!
Anyway, great work!  I just built from CVS this morning and I love it :)

Maybe evolution needs to do the equivalent of the killev command when
the shell starts for now?

Peter

Sounds like a good idea :)

-- --
Reeve the cat
----BEGIN FORTUNE----
You have a reputation for being thoroughly reliable and trustworthy.
A pity that it's totally undeserved.
----END FORTUNE----