Re: [Evolution] Huge problems with evo snapshot

On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:25:37AM -0500, Scott Barnes wrote:
On 23 Jan 2001 16:02:12 +0100, Fred RISS wrote:
Hi,
First of all, let me congratulate all the team for the great work ! I use it for 5 months now and it
becomes really better every day. But now, I'm experiencing some (huge) problems with today's evo
snapshot. I use the Debian snapshot packages on a Debian unstable box.
There are two issues :
- I had 3 identities set on the same mail source (local mbox)... And that made Evo crash every time I
grabed my mails. Now, I've deleted 2 of these identities, and everything seemed to work good until I
realized that Evolution lost some mails !! There is no error message, the mail disapears from the local
storage, but it never gets into my Inbox. For example, when I send myself a message on my box (I use my
own mail server for sending), it comes into /var/spool/mail/fred (which is my local storage) but evo
trashes it somewhere when getting mail...
- I'm forced to send this mail with mutt, because Evo don't want to open the composer window. I know this
has already been discussed here, and seemed to get fixed for some people by using the snapshots, but I
use the snapshots and get this error message when hiting the compose button (of course I get the dialog
box saying 'can't create composer window) :

Bonobo-WARNING **: Could not open help topics file NULL for app evolution-message-composer

Bonobo-WARNING **: Activating 'OAFIID:Bonobo_Moniker_Oaf' returned nothing

Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-moniker-util.c: line 502 (bonobo_moniker_client_resolve_default):
assertion `moniker != CORBA_OBJECT_NIL' failed.

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1179 (gtk_object_unref): assertion `object->ref_count > 0' failed.

It's because the Debian snapshot package of Oaf is screwed up, I think
they used HEAD instead of oaf-stable-0-6.
Just downgrade to Oaf 0.6.1 or build it yourself from CVS using the
oaf-stable-0-6 branch.

We're using oaf-stable-0-6.

Whenever you upgrade Evolution packages, you should run 'oaf-slay' to
make sure that no old versions of the components are still
running. They don't like to play nicely with the new ones.

Maybe evolution needs to do the equivalent of the killev command when
the shell starts for now?

Peter