Re: [Evolution] Advice

There are options for ways fixing this.  For example, the address book
(Why is it called Contacts?  Come on...)

"Because that's what Outlook does". Er, no, wait, I didn't say that.

The official argument is that "address book" is a slightly lacking
metaphor, because the records should contain addresses, phone numbers,
email, instant-messaging info, PGP keys, etc, and that also you should
be able to go into the contact manager and click on a contact and get
a vfolder of the email from that person or all of the appointments
with that person, etc. It's more of a total communication-managing
experience than just "address book" would imply.

The counter-argument is that "contact manager" sounds stuffy. :)

However, perhaps the default way that Evolution handles things already
is better still.  HTML email gets sent only when the features of HTML
are needed.

It doesn't actually work that way currently. If you have HTML mail
turned on, it always sends HTML, and if you have it turned off, it
never sends it. It's just that it defaults to off.

Since almost nobody ever sends me HTML email, I can't say for sure
how that works on replies.

At the moment, if you reply to a text message, it quotes it with ">"s,
regardless if you're sending plain or HTML, and if you reply to an
HTML message, it quotes it with <blockquote><em> regardless if you're
sending plain or HTML. And then the output is forced to the correct
type when you send it.

-- Dan