Re: [Evolution] new user impressions

On 17 Jan 2001 18:53:48 -0700, Brian Grossman wrote:

2.1. How can I get mail into a particular folder?  I have brian
This is what filters are for

It looks like the filters can be coerced to handle nearly any case, but I
think it's easier to interface with existing filtering systems if evolution
could get mail into a specified folder.

I think what he means is that you can use filters to move mail from
different sources into different directories.  You just set up multiple
sources and then set up rules to move the mail into a different
directory depending on what source it comes from.

However, as Dan was saying, Filtering based on source is broken, so you
can't do this yet.

The only thing I can think of to suggest is having procmail add a header
based on which directory it's putting mail into and then filter on that.
I don't know procmail at all, so I'm not sure how possible this is.

Good luck,
   Chris