Re: [Evolution] new user impressions

Heya,

    Greatt feedback, I've answered those that I know the answer to.

On 15 Jan 2001 16:14:28 -0700, Brian Grossman wrote:
5. How do I change the default identity?

Just click the "Default" button in the new Mail config (avaliable only
in Evolution Nightly Snapshot builds/ CVS builds)

7. How can I delete a (local) folder?

This is being worked on.

8. Where's my vi/emacs?  I'm a lot more productive in vi than in a gui editor.

You can use GtkHTML and set the keybindings to vi/emacs style. It may
not be real vi/emacs, but I find it very usable.

9. Needs key shortcuts, like n for next message, c for compose,
      f for forward, d for delete, ctrl-return for commit.
      Pointing and clicking the mouse is not a comfortable activity.

I have an idea to make it easier for people to discover these
keybindings. But currently, if focus is set on the message list, n goes
to the next message and there are other ones that I forgot...

10. Needs drag-drop moving of messages.  M would be a good shortcut key.

Also being worked on.

11. A right-click-menu in the message window would be a great place
      for "show source", "show full headers" and "show html images".

Good idea, you'll see this in the new edition of the feature request
summary when I get it done.

14. I'd like to set a smaller font for the message list.

Configurable message list is also something being worked on.

18. Does it support smtp/pop/imap over ssl?

Jeff is working very hard on this right now.

20. Why is there a "Don't delete messages from server" button in the SMTP
      configuration?

If you're running 0.8 (or even better, the snapshot builds), it's part
of the configuration druid.

Again, thanks for your great feedback!

--
Duncan Mak