Re: [Evolution] Solaris calendar display problem

Ross Burton wrote:

Damon Chaplin wrote:

I think the problem was that the EText items we use don't initialize their
color properly. I've just committed code which will set the text color to
black when we create the items so the problem may be fixed.
Let me know if it works.

Black?  Argh!  Use the correct GTK theme colour!  Please?

Yes, we do need to think about themes & colors at some point.

With widgets that use a number of colors, like the calendar views, it is a
bit awkward - the colors we use may look bad or be invisible when combined
with the theme colors. We can make the colors configurable, but that doesn't
help the average user who doesn't know what the problem is.

Maybe widgets like this should ignore the theme completely, but make all the
colors they use configurable. In this way users won't have problems when
using strange themes, and they are able to tweek the widget's colors to suit
their theme if they wish.

Damon