[Evolution] Synching Palm Pilots (Attn. JP)

I realise there were initial problems with synching palm pilots with the
initial Preview 8 release, but was wondering whether any progress had
been made with this feature as it's the one thing I'm waiting for in
Evolution.  Apologies for bringing this question up here, but the web
pages make reference to Palm sync working (can't remember where) as does
the 'News' file in the helix rpm, which is why I initially downloaded
this release (as opposed to sticking with my working copy of pre6).  As
a result is there any effective way of tracing the progress of the
different elements of Evolution, without having to check through the
cvs?
Thanks for your help
Regards
Dom Savage