RE: [Evolution] [Michael Merideth <mikem cravetechnology com>] R

On 13 Jan 2001 12:46:55 +0200,  wrote:

On 12-Jan-2001 Garrett Mickelson wrote:
I would have to agree with this guy's point. He posted this message to
the Open Office mail list, and makes a fine statement in regards to the
definition of "groupware". I personally would like to see Open Office
use whatever backend Evolution uses to store contacts and calendars, and
that this be available as a server product, i.e. Evolution Server.....

        Hmmm. Yes, but I would personnally also want it to
        be possible to use an exchange server as this groupware
        solution. Maybe it is not worth to make it work with
        exchange 5.5, but if I understand correctly, it should
        be a easier task with Exchange2000? Comments? Then again,
        exchange is a huge godzilla that should be shot in then neck
        behind the sauna, so an open source replacemnet for the calendar,
        task/schedule/whatever-server would pe prefferred.

Easier yes, but not complete.  Exchange 2000 can do ldap and imap but
shared calendaring is still a problem.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com