[Evolution] Re: fcntl, NFS, and Evo 0.8

David Sims <david simscomputing com> writes:

My home directory is NFS-mounted and I'm getting the dreaded fcntl
error. This prevents me from using Evo 0.8. The NFS client is this
Debian 2.2 box. The NFS server is Red Hat 6.1.

I think you need to upgrade your NFS server.  knfsd in RHL 6.2 works
fine (if my testlock program works... but it worked fine for WP8 as
well, which also complained).  I don't know if the user-mode nfsd
worked.  I'm not an NFS expert, so I couldn't tell you which versions
will work and which won't, but you really want an NFS server which
supports locking.  There's nothing that Evolution could do to fix
that, besides fake the locks with files, or just not use locking
(which is bad).

--
Alan Shutko <ats acm org> - In a variety of flavors!
Help a swallow land at Capistrano.