Re[4]: [Evolution] evolution hangs at start on some folders

On 04 Jan 2001 20:28:37 +0000 Iain <tigermilk btinternet com> wrote:

On 04 Jan 2001 19:43:00 +0100, Andrea Dell'Amico wrote:

I've observed exactly the same problem. But it can also happen to
folders created by Evolution itself, when Evolution crashes or freezes

Observed that today, yes. But I think that the freeze is the conseguence
of the folder problem, not the cause.

I created a new empty folder. Then I created a filter rule
to move messages from a certain sender to that folder, and applied the
filters to my inbox. At that point, Evolution froze. After killev, I
looked at the folder's mbox. It contained the messages that it should.
It was readable by Balsa and Emacs VM. But it caused Evolution to hang
at the splash screen, as I could prove by moving the folder away and
restarting. This behavior is consistent with your explanation. However,
the offending messages had been in my Inbox without causing any problem.
So, the problem is unlikely to be in Evolution's parsing of the messages
themselves, but it some expectation it has about their headers or
contents relative to their position in a folder or some other data.

It seems you're right, my evolution mailing list folder makes evolution to
hang :-).

Out of interest, are you by any chance using the mail summary executive
summary
module, as I have been having problems with it crashing and hanging
recently. However
it only does this on the vfolders, I don't think ti does it on normal
folders. But I think I have
some fixes to commit to sort the problems.
No, just basic folder views as far as I can see, although I don't
pretend to understand what the executive summary may be doing without my
noticing. No vfolders either.

-- F