[Evolution] Need clarification (OT)

For a long time I have been used to getting Gnome source from
ftp.gnome.org. Now it seems that that site is way behind
ftp.ximian.com. Why isn't it possible to keep the one up to date with
the other?

Also, where on ftp.ximian.com can I find up-to-date source in tarball
form? All I can find are srpm's and source debs. In a pinch they can be
worked with but it's rather inconvenient.

--
Bob Bernstein                  NetBSD 1.5
at                            Pronto 2.2.3