[Evolution] Assbarn Security?

Hi,

    In recent CVS updates,  I've noticed a new configure option,
    '--enable-assbarn-security'.  It is described as "Enable security
    extensions such as SSL and S/MIME".  I imagine that this is just the
    framework, and not actual, functioning S/MIME support (I would wet
    my pants if this worked, as it's required for work:).  Anywho, after
    using the switch though, SSL is reportedly 'off' after configure
    finishes.  I have OpenSSL/SSLeay installed.  Just wondering if this
    does anything yet basically:)  Thanks.

    - James