Re: [Evolution] nonstandard server ports?

On 12 Feb 2001 18:23:25 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
If it's slow then it'd be network slowness probably. Using a
non-standard port shouldn't make things slower for any reason.

Also, remember that communication over an encrypted tunnel will be a bit
slower than over cleartext.

I've been using IMAP over a non-standard secured port for a couple weeks
now without any problems. I keep the mailbox relatively small, so the
first-read delay isn't bad, though it is noticeable. If the mailbox is
very large, I can imagine that it might look like it's not working.