Re: [Evolution] open letter to Ximian Evo team: RH 6.2 blues

On 08 Feb 2001 22:00:45 -0500, Bob Bernstein wrote:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 02:29:45PM -0500, Fernando Pereira wrote:

The last time I built from CVS I spent the best part of an evening
getting everything to work out, because of missing libraries etc. I
succeeded, but then I found that the CVS version was behind the snapshot
I was fighting with, and now I have no time to redo the experiment.

Let me get this straight: keeping up with the CVS source tree is too much
work for you, but your bug reports are _so_ important to Ximian that they
should put the highest priority on getting _you_ the binaries you need to do
this valuable testing?

Reign in your ego; it's getting in your way.

You misunderstand him, I think.

The important point was that he spent hours compiling from CVS ... and
it was meaningless, since the CVS was an EARLIER version than the binary
snapshot. How can you "keep up with the CVS", if the source code you get
from the CVS servers isn't as current as the snapshots made by the
developers?

So there was no recourse for him, but to just sit around and wait for
something (the binary snapshots, the CVS revisions) to become usable.

So no, you DIDN'T have that straight.

said in my previous message, the very small Mac Eudora team was able

keep releasing packaged betas that worked on a wide variety of MacOS
versions and hardware configurations,

Solution: go to back to using Macs. Simple.

You are not all that damn important.

Wow, how arrogant.

If anyone should reign in their ego, it sounds like it should be you.

I sure hope you're not an official Ximian representative.

Michael J. Leone <mailto:turgon mike-leone com>

Registered Linux user #201348

As the bombshells of my daily fears explode ...
                         _Galileo_, The Indigo Girls