Re: [Evolution] open letter to Ximian Evo team: RH 6.2 blues

On 08 Feb 2001 22:00:45 -0500, Bob Bernstein wrote:
On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 02:29:45PM -0500, Fernando Pereira wrote:

The last time I built from CVS I spent the best part of an evening
getting everything to work out, because of missing libraries etc. I
succeeded, but then I found that the CVS version was behind the snapshot
I was fighting with, and now I have no time to redo the experiment.

Let me get this straight: keeping up with the CVS source tree is too much
work for you, but your bug reports are _so_ important to Ximian that they
should put the highest priority on getting _you_ the binaries you need to do
this valuable testing?

Stop flaming. I gave Ximian what I thought was good advice, and I got
polite and informative replies from them. The reason I didn't rebuild
from source again is that I was told by someone Ximian in this list that
anon CVS was behind the latest snapshots. So, if I did, I would still
have a system whose bugs would not be of interest to anyone. It's of
interest to everyone that testers work with the most recent versions. If
I get authoritative information on an anon CVS that is up to date, I'll
spend time to build from it.

Solution: go to back to using Macs. Simple.

With defenders like you, open source doesn't need Bill Gates. If you
don't understand the difference between a difference of opinion and ad
hominem, you might as well crawl back under your rock where the light of
reason will not bother you.

-- F