[Evolution] Re: [discuss] GROUPWARE - what is it, anyways?

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Thomas Aeby wrote:

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Sander Vesik wrote:

So, what is 'groupware'?
    * calendaring
    * email access
    ? newsgroup access
    * email alias/list management
    * shared file access (webdav?)
    * todo lists
    * project/progress tracking
    * address book(s)

        * document management (in contrast to mere shared file access)
      * workflow management
      * knowledge databases
      * telephony integration

Less general applications:

      * call tracking

Maybe. Could you write up a spec by what each is and how it fits within
the framework? I'm just not sure I'm familiar with all the terms...

Best regards,
Tom
Thomas Aeby, Kirchweg 40, 1735 Giffers, Switzerland, Voice : (+41)26 4180040
Internet: aeby graeff com                           PGP public key available
A day for firm decisions!!!!!  Or is it?

        Sander

One day a tortoise will learn to fly
        -- Terry Pratchett, 'Small Gods'