Re: [Evolution] cannot compile evolution

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, JP Rosevear wrote:

On 07 Feb 2001 08:54:35 +0100, Heinz-Josef Claes wrote:
Hi,

when trying to compile evolution (0.9 branch), I get the following error
messages:

- I have to use gnome-libs 1.2.9 (which I installed directly before)

when disabling the check for this library, I get

dialogs/libcal-dialogs.a(save-comp.o): In function
`save_component_dialog':
save-comp.o(.text+0x9f): undefined reference to
`gnome_dialog_grab_focus'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

What do I have to do?

You have to get gnome-libs 1.2.9.  Configure checks are generally there
for a reason.  Ximian is shipping a recent enough gnome-libs.

-JP

JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com

JP:
I got this error even with a version of gnome-libs and gnome-libs-devel
greater than 1.2.9. To get configure to run, I had to disable the check
for gnome-libs.

By the way, after this, it still wouldn't compile, because it couldn't
find e-pilot-utils.c. The reason I tried compiling instead of using a
binary package is because I want pilot link support.

Tony Rein
trein one net