Re: [Evolution] troubles with contacts (PS ximian linuxworld was great)

I am still having trouble loading cards from my palm pilot.  I have
used preview 8 previously without success and today I tried the latest
snapshot evolution-0.8-100_helix_2001020416

The file
I am importing was created by gnome pilot and begins

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:AAA
N:AAA
TEL;WORK:377-7200
UID:12451951
END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Judith Abbatiello
N:Abbatiello;Judith
TEL;WORK:609.951.2544
EMAIL;INTERNET:judith research nj nec com
TITLE:Purchasing
CATEGORIES;QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Personal
UID:671754
END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Accessories
N:Accessories
TEL;PREF:800-881-7256 (US)
TEL;PREF:800-891-6342 (Canada)
TEL;PREF:801-431-1536 (Int'l)
TEL;PREF:www.palm.com
ORG:Palm Computing, Inc.
NOTE;QUOTED-PRINTABLE:To find out about accessories, useful add-on software, and replacement par=
ts, please visit the web site www.palm.com. Outside the US, please call on=
e of the InfoLine numbers from the Worldwide Customer Support card.=0A=0A
UID:2
END:VCARD

Evolution produces 4 ``blank cards'' (no problem to delete them) and
then does produce a contact list but it includes no phone numbers.
There are about 100 entries in the Address.vcrd file and evolution
does seem to produce a contact for each one.

Here is the output evolution sends to the controlling terminal.

thanks for any help and thanks for evolution.

allan$ pwd
/home/gottlieb
allan$ rm -rf evolution/
allan$ evolution
Registered type for component -- (executive-summary) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (contacts) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (mailstorage) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (mail) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (tasks) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (calendar) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
evolution-mail: Yeeeh! We have an owner!
Shell: Registering storage -- VFolders
dispatch thread started: 1026
created NEW thread 1026
got message in dispatch thread
got message in dispatch thread
got message in dispatch thread
Shell: Registering storage -- Other Contacts
Folder registered successfully -- /Bigfoot Bigfoot
Folder registered successfully -- /InfoSpace InfoSpace
Folder registered successfully -- /Netcenter Netcenter
Folder registered successfully -- /WhoWhere WhoWhere
Folder registered successfully -- /Yahoo! Yahoo!
got message in dispatch thread
got folder 'file:///home/gottlieb/evolution/local/Inbox' = 0x810a400
folder name is '/home/gottlieb/evolution/local/Inbox'
got message in dispatch thread
got message in dispatch thread
setting msg Synchronising folder
clearing msg
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Root>
  <menu>
    <submenu name="View">
      <submenu name="CurrentView" _label="Current View">
        <separator/>
        <menuitem name="DefineViews" _label="Define Views" verb="DefineViews"/>
      </submenu>
    </submenu>
  </menu>
</Root>
Prepare thyself
Importing with: OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_GnomeCard_Importer
Saved card: BEGIN:VCARD
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:AAA
FN:AAA
N:AAA;;;;
TEL;WORK:377-7200
UID:12451951
END:VCARD

Saved card: BEGIN:VCARD
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:Abbatiello, Judith
FN:Judith Abbatiello
N:Abbatiello;Judith;;;
TEL;WORK:609.951.2544
EMAIL;INTERNET:judith research nj nec com
TITLE:Purchasing
CATEGORIES:Personal
UID:671754
END:VCARD

Saved card: BEGIN:VCARD
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:Accessories
FN:Accessories
N:Accessories;;;;
TEL;PREF:800-881-7256 (US)
TEL;PREF:800-891-6342 (Canada)
TEL;PREF:801-431-1536 (Int'l)
TEL;PREF:www.palm.com
ORG:Palm Computing, Inc.;
NOTE:To find out about accessories, useful add-on software, and replacement parts, please visit the web site
www.palm.com. Outside the US, please call one of the InfoLine numbers from the Worldwide Customer Support
card.

UID:2
END:VCARD

Saved card: BEGIN:VCARD
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:Amico, Rosemary
FN:Rosemary Amico
N:Amico;Rosemary;;;
TEL;WORK:8-3068
ORG:NYU;
UID:8913023
END:VCARD

Saved card: BEGIN:VCARD
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:Anipundi, Kasinath
FN:Kasinath Anipundi
N:Anipundi;Kasinath;;;
TEL;WORK:2567
TEL;HOME:539 6473
UID:15630360
END:VCARD

Saved card: BEGIN:VCARD
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:Applebaum, Arieen
FN:Arieen Applebaum
N:Applebaum;Arieen;;;
TEL;WORK:914.763.9237
TEL;FAX:914.763.8726
ORG:Chase;
CATEGORIES:Personal
UID:671756
END:VCARD

wombat-pas-WARNING **: pas_book_respond_create: Exception responding to BookListener!

wombat-pas-WARNING **: pas_book_respond_create: Exception responding to BookListener!

wombat-pas-WARNING **: pas_book_respond_create: Exception responding to BookListener!

[many more wombat... lines are produced; omitted to save space]

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 3174 (gtk_widget_grab_default): assertion `GTK_WIDGET_CAN_DEFAULT
(widget)' failed.
e-minicard.c: card_changed_cb(): a card was changed with status 0