[Evolution] troubles with contacts (PS ximian linuxworld was great)

I am having trouble with contacts imported from the palm address book.

I used the gpilot tools from gnomecc and obtained a file
~/MyPilot/Address.gcrd.  Here is the beginning of that file

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:AAA
N:AAA
TEL;WORK:377-7200
UID:12451951
END:VCARD

BEGIN:VCARD
FN:Judith Abbatiello
N:Abbatiello;Judith
TEL;WORK:609.951.2544
EMAIL;INTERNET:judith research nj nec com
TITLE:Purchasing
CATEGORIES;QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Personal
UID:671754
END:VCARD

I imported it using the snapshot I obtain earlier today 2 feb and when
I viewed contacts they were there but

1.  There were a few blank entries labeled A (no problem to delete)

2.  None of the phone numbers were there

I then tried the .8 preview and problem 1 was gone (presumably because
I deleted the entries) but problem 2 remained.

Here is the strange part part.  I deleted the ~/evolution directory,
rpm -e everything but libunicode, and re-fetched the .8 preview.  When
I tried contacts I at first got an expected nearly blank window with a
msg about adding a contact but in under a second this was replaced by
all my contacts.  Where did evolution store this?  I even moved the
MyPilot folder to /tmp, no change.  I then went to the latest snapshot
evolution-0.8-100_helix_2001020301, again deleted ~/evolution and
again the contacts appeared after about a second

Evolution displayed a box saying it was the first time I ran it and it
was creating /home/gottlieb/evolution.

So

1.  Where is evolution keeping the contacts info even after
    ~/evolution is removed?  This is just a curiosity.

2.  How do I get the phone numbers to appear?

I attended linuxexpo and though the ximian jungle was well done,
the demos were helpful, and the staff very informative.
Good job!

allan gottlieb.

Below is the output from evolution.

cd
allan$ rm -rf evolution
allan$ evolution
Registered type for component -- (mailstorage) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (mail) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (tasks) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (calendar) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (executive-summary) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
Registered type for component -- (contacts) OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent
Evolution component activated successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent
evolution-mail: Yeeeh! We have an owner!
Shell: Registering storage -- VFolders
dispatch thread started: 1026
created NEW thread 1026
got message in dispatch thread
got message in dispatch thread
got message in dispatch thread
Shell: Registering storage -- Other Contacts
Folder registered successfully -- /Bigfoot Bigfoot
Folder registered successfully -- /InfoSpace InfoSpace
Folder registered successfully -- /Netcenter Netcenter
Folder registered successfully -- /WhoWhere WhoWhere
Folder registered successfully -- /Yahoo! Yahoo!
got message in dispatch thread
got folder 'file:///home/gottlieb/evolution/local/Inbox' = 0x810a3d0
folder name is '/home/gottlieb/evolution/local/Inbox'
got message in dispatch thread
------>  At this point I pushed the contacts button  <------------
got message in dispatch thread
setting msg Synchronising folder
clearing msg
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Root>
  <menu>
    <submenu name="View">
      <submenu name="CurrentView" _label="Current View">
        <separator/>
        <menuitem name="DefineViews" _label="Define Views" verb="DefineViews"/>
      </submenu>
    </submenu>
  </menu>
</Root>
got message in dispatch thread

ORBit-WARNING **: PortableServer_POA_destroy not yet fully implemented; ignoring flags
Component unregistered successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Addressbook_ShellComponent
Component unregistered successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent
Component unregistered successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_ShellComponent
Component unregistered successfully -- OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Summary_ShellComponent
cleaning up pool thread 1026
cleaned up ok
allan$