RE: [Evolution] Attachment problem

This is a different bug that was present in the 0.8 release that has
already been fixed.  The problem in your case is that your gtk+ theme
has a background pixmap.  If you'd like to avoid this bug either choose
a theme without a background pixmap (default will work), or upgrade to
the snapshots (which are sure to have other problems).

--Larry