Re: [Evolution] seg faults

You need to either compile evolution linking against the new oaf package
from eazel, or you can use the snapshots from helix-update.

A.

On 31 Jan 2001 19:46:19 -0500, Curtis Maurand wrote:
hello,
  After installing Easzel which changes some of the required libraries for
evolution, I get the following when I try to start it.  This is a bug.

[root canon /]# /usr/bin/evolution
/usr/bin/evolution: Symbol `oaf_popt_options' has different size in shared
object, consider re-linking
Multiple segmentation faults occurred; can't display error dialog

I did not build from the source.  I installed from RPM on RH7.0.

It would seem to me that in order to gain maximum stability, this
application is going to have use shared components with other applications
and, therefore, will need to live within those boundaries.  Evolution used
in conjunction with the Eazel interface looks real interesting.

Curtis

Curtis Maurand                  System Administrator
LBC Communications      lamere.net, airnetconnect.com
mailto:curtis lamere net  Linux, OS/2, Windows (any flavor)
http://www.lamere.net   Cisco, OpenRoute, Livingston
http://airnetconnect.com  MySQL, SQL Server, PHP