Re: [Evolution] Evolution 1.0: startup problems

On Sun, 2001-12-30 at 00:51, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 2001-12-30 at 06:10, Pasha Murat wrote:

"Cannot initialize Ximian Evolution shell: Configuration Database not found"

I got this when I had an old bonobo installed. Upgradeing bonobo solved
the problem.

, prints to stderr/stdout the following message:

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat:
(IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)

Although this wasn't the error I got as I remember.

OK, if you read this mail, it means that I found and fixed the problem.
It could be that other people who reported very similar symptoms could
use the same remedy:

        rm /tmp/orbit-murat/*

after the directory got cleaned up, evolution happily started. All the
files there were owned by the user 'murat'. May be developers could do
something to avoid this problem in future.

                                                -best, Pasha