Re: [Evolution] Another LDAP related question..

Hi,

Question:
How do I tell Evolution that it must use the LDAP server for
address lookup's by default. In other words the address completion
feature.

[..]
Add this to your ~/evolution/config.xmldb :
<section path="/Addressbook/Completion">
      <entry name="uri" type="string"
value="ldap://localhost:389/dc=toshok,dc=org??one"/>
</section>
NOTE: Change the URL to match the address book URL you want to use.
With LDAP URLs it has to be formatted using the correct syntax for your
system.

How do  I prevent Evolution from overwriting the file each time ?

did you exit all evolution processes before editing the file?
try running 'oaf-slay' before editing.
btw: I am using a url like:

ldap://troll/ou=Contacts,dc=dimensional,dc=de?mail?one?

where 'mail' is the ldap attribute name storing the email address.

christoph