Re: [Evolution] IMAP folder madness

On Tue, 2001-12-11 at 22:37, lloyd wrote:
I'm having some trouble with IMAP folders.  Occasionally, my INBOX will
display "This folder cannot contain messages".  Subfolders beneath it
are accessible, however.

If I unsubscribe to the subfolders, I'm able to access the INBOX again.

If I unsubscribe from all folders and resubscribe, I can see all folders
- for awhile.

Also, when subscribing to folders I see two sets of INBOXes and
subfolders in the list.

Hm. We should make sure this is marked at least 1.2 in bugzilla.

There are two related problems:
        1. If you try to create a subfolder of INBOX in some IMAP folder
           layouts, you'll end up with another folder called "INBOX" in
           your tree.
        2. If you have a folder named INBOX (or inbox or Inbox, etc) at
           the top of your IMAP folder tree besides your real IMAP
           INBOX, you'll only be able to see one of the two of them.

So what's happening is you're creating subfolders, unintentionally
creating a new "INBOX" folder in the process (which can't contain
messages because it's a directory and you're on UW imapd), and then
seeing that INBOX instead of the real one later.

-- Dan