[Evolution] Mailbox locking?!?!

Way back in 0.99, (my first attempt to use Evo), I encountered this problem. Seems that now I've solved my Configuration Database problem, this one is still here.

Slackware 8, Evolution 1.0

Error while 'Fetching Mail':
Could not lock '/var/spool/mail/nobody'

Since I'm trying to use Evo to manage all the mailboxes on my PC, this presents a real problem. Via 'configure', I've tried dot-locking, fcntl and flock. All give the same problem. Also since I'm running as root, I'm not sure why I would have trouble locking the files...

Anybody have any tips?

Thanks,
Andrew

--
Andrew Green - SecureTrendz, Inc. andrew green securetrendz com
http://www.securetrendz.com