Re: [Evolution] Evo Sync over IP

tis 2001-12-11 klockan 01.03 skrev Rubin Bennett:
Hello all

Once again, I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for your
incredible work on this app- It has become the cornerstone of our office
communication.

However, being the insatiable techno-geek that I am, I had to do one
better, and went out and bought one of the developer editions of the
Sharp Zaurus (*a totally sweet little palmtop*).  My question is this:
I'd like to be able to sync my addressbook/ calendar with the ones on
the Z.  Both the Z and Evo store their files in XML.  Does anyone have
plans to make an app to sync these (could be as simple as a perl script
from what I see in my very preliminary looking around; ducking all the
mud from the "no Perl" camp), or think it'd be a nifty idea that I
should put some effort into?

Let me know what you think...

I have an small hack that export the addressbook from evo using
corba/bonobo and puts it in an xml-file that works fine with qpe (that
the zaurus is running).  I stole alot of code from the palm-conduits :).

I'm working on the same thing for the calendar.  Perhaps I'll add
syncing to it later but right now it's only export.

Interested?

BTW, evo is not using xml for everything.  Syncing the files also means
you need to shut down evolution which I don't want.  So use
corba/bonobo.

/Erik
--
Erik Bågfors               | erik bagfors nu
Supporter of free software | GSM +46 733 279 273