Re: [Evolution] Configuration Database not found..AGAIN.

On Mon, 2001-12-10 at 02:13, Andrew Green wrote:

 (....)
evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on
wombat: (IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)

and in a popup window I get:

Cannot Initialize the Ximian Evolution shell: Configuration Database not
found  (....)

Hi Andrew,

Did you have a look at bugzilla (I think it was #6479, but not sure!
maybe a similar number). There should be a lot of stuff collected on
this issue - including what fixed it for me (Manuel Borchers posted it -
I could make evolution run by installing the flex package on SuSE 7.2 /
meanwhile 7.2).
And maybe this can help you (or others) too, I found out that flex was
the missing link by trying to compile evolution and posting the compile
errors on the SuSE mailing list. Then the guys at the suse list analyzed
this and told me to install flex and 'all of a sudden' the already
installed 0.14 rpms were working. Now I got 1.0 running on SuSE 7.3.
Did you receive some warnings during your compiling? (*)
Good luck!

Wolfi
mailto:wolfi_z web de

(*) In my case, it was different, the compile failed completely.
    As I can see, your compiling did succeed.