Re: [Evolution] Can't Initialize Evolution

Gil,

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 11:21:25AM -0500, Gil Hauer wrote:
I had the same problem (in fact, I've been having it for a while!) and
noticed the same symptoms as Chris did. I forced a new install of
libnspr4 and wombat sees all of it's shared libraries.
Same here.  "wombat-Message: Starting wombat" comes up fine.

However, when I start evolution I still get this application message in
my shell:

  evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase \
      on wombat: (IDL: bonobo/Moniker/InterfaceNotFound:1.0)
And here.

... and a dialog window that says:

  Cannot Initialize the Ximian Evolution shell: Configuration \
      Database not found
That too.

This is using RedHat 7.2 with all the latest Ximian updates.
I'm on Debian/unstable, also with the latest of everything related
afaics.

killev; oaf-slay does not help the situation. Fresh reboot as well.
Same.

I've had Evo working since The Early Days, but can't seem to solve this
one.  Any bonobo/wombat/oaf gurus got any tips?  oafd and wombat both
run from console fine.

- ~C.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris void $a | www.$a | finger: chris $a
As to luck, there's the old miners' proverb: Gold is where you find it.