Re: [Evolution] Request: check mbox folders before entering not after exiting

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 23:05, Not Zed wrote:
Use maildir, and set 'check mail every n minutes' option.

Ok, I've set up a separate maildir folder (~/evolution/IncomingLists/ --
will that ever conflict with Evolution?) that exim moves mailing list
messages to (to get them out of my mail spool file, so that my mail
status in gnome-panel gives a reasonable count).  If mail arrives in
that folder while Evolution is open, the filters that I've set up file
it into the appropriate mbox folder in Local Folders.  This all works
fine, but...

When I open Evolution there's typically already a large pile of mail in
the IncomingLists folder, but the filter rules aren't automatically
applied to those messages.  I can select all the messages and do Apply
Filters manually, but I'd like it to happen automatically (preferably in
the background somehow).  Is this possible, or just something to hope
for in some future release?  (I'm still using 0.99.2 from Debian
unstable.)

(I'd still prefer to just have exim drop the messages directly into the
appropriate mbox folder under Local Folders, and save Evolution from
doing the move.)

Thanks!