[Evolution] Japanese text input

Hi,

I would like to be able to write (and read) the occasional Japanese
email in Evolution (which rocks BTW). I haven't been able to find any
documentation on how I could go about this - can anyone point me to
some?

I already have kinput and canna setup on my machine (RH72 + Gnomehide).
Japanese text entry works fine in kterm and Mozilla, though I do have to
manually specify $LANG for Mozilla.

Is there any way I can get an English interface to Evolution but still
be able to read and compose Japanese messages?

Thanks,
Damien Miller