Re: [Evolution] looking for a feature....

These are all bugs in the window-manager that you are using.

On Sun, 2001-12-02 at 11:26, Manuel Streuhofer wrote:
hi list.

i'm using evo under kde. because of that i can't say the
windowmanager should save the windowposition and size for
the next use.

the "problem" is, that whenever i click for new mail the
composerwindow opens but is very small. i must maximize
it to work with it. thats not really a problem but its
not funny.

also the window for the status while waiting for connecting,
and receiving new mail always opens in the top left corner.
it would be more "beautifully" if it opens centered to the
screen. :)

when we create the window, we tell it to center the window...but
apparently your window-manager does not respect our request. (I think
Sawfish has the same bug..?)

perhaps evo can open the window with a size that fullfills
the standard requirements of a normal user... and tries to
center the window. perhaps just optional...

We do... or at least I think the default size is pretty reasonable.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.