Re: [Evolution] Personal Folder File from Outlook

Hi there,

I switched to linux about 2 months ago and searched everywhere for a
simple way to do this without needing to learn more than I wanted to get
the job done.  I had about 500mb of archived Personal Folder files
(.pst) which I wanted to take with me onto linux.

1. make a backup copy of your pst files
2. open Outlook Express on your windows machine (which is installed if
you have Outlook running) and import your existing mail and folders from
outlook.
3. take this to Kmail on your linux machine which can import from
Outlook Express into mbox format. This can take quite a while if you are
converting a large amount. Then you can use these with most mail clients
on linux.

cheers
david