Re: [Evolution] Personal Folder File from Outlook

On your Linux system you need to run imap. I personally use qmail as my
mai server and courier-imap as my imap server because qmail is secure
and they both use Maildir for mail storage.

When you are done setting your Linux box that way, you have effectively
an e-mail server. Beware, the learning curve is pretty steep but worth
it. You will never need to rely on an ISP to store your e-mails. (as
long as your have an always up connection).

Then in Outlook you just create an account but instead of using the ISP
address and so forth you use the address of your Linux box. Then it is
just a question of copying your e-mail from your outlook to your imap
folder.

Then on evolution, you could just access your e-mail directly through
Maildir or with imap.

Note that you could use wu-imap to do the same, except storing your
e-mail in Maildir format.

Another way would be to use netscape 6.0 to import your outlook pst file
into netscape then use netscape export function to export it to mbox
format. then copy that file over your Linux box and access it with
evolution.

Regards,

Pascal