Re: [Evolution] Q: What is the difference between *.vcf files and user-cal.vcf?

I bet the vcf files that Evolution imports are VCARD, not VCALENDAR.

The gnome calendar program exports vCalendar. Evolution uses iCalendar.
they are different formats, vCalendar was first, iCalendar is close but
not the same.

If you feel like trying something, try this:

0: assuming GNOME calendar, StarOffice 5.2 and Evolution are all
installed on your system.

1: export your GNOME calendar data to myCalendar.vcf.
2: import into StarOffice as vCalendar events
3: export from StarOffice as iCalendar events (.ics)
4: copy the Evolution calendar file to a safe place
     mine's at ~/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics
5: make your calendar data the Evolution calendar file

I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS!!! BE CAREFUL
  and let us know if it works!!!

Gary

StarOffice 5.2 is at http://www.sun.com/staroffice/