Re: [Evolution] Evolution Slow To Restart After Logging Out/Loggin Back In

On 29 Aug 2001 08:14:19 -0400, Thomas J. Baker wrote:
I've experienced this on two machines, both running RedHat 7.1, Kernel
2.4.9, Ximian Gnome, and the 8/21 Evolution snapshot. Evolution runs
fine but when I log out and log back in the next day, it is very slow

Part of this can be OAF as others have suggested, but at at some of the
slowness is due to the kernel (at least, as far as your system being
slow the next day). During the night, you likely have an updatedb cron
job scheduled, which blows away your working set that was kept in cache.
This is being fixed (slowly), but for now you could try the AC series of
kernels, or 2.4.10pre2.

If you see slowness *during* the day when logging out and back in, then
that's more likely OAF related. In that case, you can try what Mikael
suggested in another message.

Ray
--
Every truth has a context.