Re: [Evolution] filters with imap

On Tue, 2001-08-28 at 04:28, vincent L wrote:
Is is possible to use the filter function with an IMAP server ?
I have defined some rules for the incomming mails but there are not applied.

You can enable your filters to be automatically applied to messages that
land in your IMAP server's INBOX by editing your account in the Mail
Settings dialog and checking "Apply filters to new messages in INBOX on
this server" on the receiving options page.

Due to How IMAP Works (TM), this is about the best that can be achieved
[1].

Peter

[1]. There is an IMAP extension called Sieve that lets you define
filters on your IMAP server, but I only know of one server that
implements it, and evolution doesn't support it anyway.

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"Why should I have to change my name? He's the one who
sucks!"                              -- Michael Bolton