Re: [Evolution] LDAP question

On Wed, 2001-08-22 at 13:36, Mike Leckey, Jr. wrote:
How exactly is the LDAP functionality supposed to work?

I cannot see the bigfoot or Yahoo! directories, due to our firewall.

When I create a new directory pointing to our internal LDAP directory,
Evo becomes slow.

hmm slow for all usage?  or just after you've done a query on that directory server?

When I go to the contacts, it acts like it wants to download all of the
LDAP entries(which is >40,000!)

well, it shouldn't do any queries at all when you switch to the folder
(the addressbook only does a query on switch for local addressbooks).

but depending on the query you use it can show a lot, although there's a
presently hardcoded limit in pas-backend-ldap.c (yeah yeah, i know :/)
of 100 search results.

what query where you running?  did you do Search->Clear?

need more info here.

Chris