Re: [Evolution] Problem upgrading with RPMs

On Fri, 2001-08-24 at 15:43, Ben Ricker wrote:
I downloaded all the latest RPMs from the /pub/evolution/redhat-62-i386
directory of ftp.ximian.com. Here is what I get when I do a 'rpm -Uvh *
--nodeps' in the directory wih all the rpms:

Don't user --force or --nodeps unless there is a good reason too - it's
just asking for trouble.

Did you remove all of the duplicate files?  The directory on
ftp.ximian.com contains about three different snapshots.  Installing the
latest bonobo-con with "rpm -Uhv *bonobo-conf*" will install bonobo-conf
fine, unless someone has broken the RPM spec files since I installed it
last.  Then run "rpm -Uhv evolution* *gal* *gtkhtml*" to upgrade
evolution and the libraries.

What gives? I also have one other problem: Red-Carpet always crashes in
'real-carpet'. Not sure if it is related.

As root run red-carpet in gdb to try and get a stack trace, and file a
bug in bugzilla.ximian.com.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                     Software Engineer
OneEighty Software Ltd          Tel: +44 20 8680 8712