RE: mbox vs. Maildir (was: Re: [Evolution] expunge speed)

Granted that this is also IMHO but the very, very serious mailhogs in
this company (20-30K message inboxes are very common here; I believe
iain's is ~ 1/4 million messages for testing of some evo code) have been
transitioning from mbox to maildir and are all very, very happy with the
changeover. Saying that 'mbox completely wipes the floor with maildir'
is a gross generalization.
Luis