[Evolution] Evolution withOUT mail

I would like to begin using evolution for contacts and the calendar
but not mail (my fingers know gnus too well).

I realize that I will have to manually enter my gnome-cal calendar
entries and that the rpms obtained from red-carpet will not sync with
my palm.

When I start evolution it asks questions that suggest it will become
my email client.  How should I respond to ensure that, for example,
evo will not process msgs in /var/mail/gottlieb?

Thanks for the high quality software,
allan