Re: [Evolution] Re: RedHat 6.x snapshots via red-carpet?

On 16 Aug 2001 17:06:55 -0700, Hal Eisen wrote:

"db" == Dan Berger <dberger ix netcom com>

db> Anyone on the Ximian side know when the channel description file
db> for red-carpet will be reverted to include the Evo snapshot
db> channel?  It got commented out a couple weeks ago when a bad
db> channel description file got pushed live, and though the
db> description file looks good (I downloaded and inspected it
db> manually) no one has uncommented the channel list.

As I mentioned in an email earlier today, the snapshot channel has been
re-enabled.

I have been led to believe that Ximian won't be supporting RedHat 6.X
anymore, as they don't have the hacker-bandwidth.  This is a shame, as
I have several machines which run RedHat 6.X and which I cannot easily
upgrade to RedHat 7.1 or Debian or whatever.  I keep hoping that
Ximian will open up the maintenance of the RedHat 6.X packages to a
team of volunteers.

The plan is to keep support for Red Hat 6.2, but not 6.0 or 6.1. Red Hat
doesn't support older minor versions and they are now something like two
years old. I suspect we'll keep support around for 7.0 (and 7.1 when 7.2
comes out) for a while since they're still relatively new, but I am not
sure about that.

Joe