RE: [Evolution] After Red Carpet installed Evolution...? - Newbiequestion.

Thanks for the quick reply.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ricardo Amadeo Contreras [mailto:aztlan2k yahoo com]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 3:55 PM
To: Kevyn
Cc: evolution ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] After Red Carpet installed Evolution...? -
Newbiequestion.

On 16 Aug 2001 15:17:29 -0700, Kevyn wrote:
Hi,

I've just did an update and let Red Carpet installed Evolution.  I have
looked through the FAQs, but could not figure out how to start the thing.
Is there such a document for a newbie?

hmm... if you have Ximian GNOME installed, then there should be an
Evolution menu entry in Programs->Internet->Evolution

Alternatively, you can open up a terminal and type:

  evolution &

at the command line.  if you don't want to see all the debug output use
this instead:

  evolution 2>&1 > /dev/null &

after it starts, you'll be guided through getting your environment set
up and then the evolution will pop up.  If you've ever used Outlook, you
should feel at home with Evolution.  (hopefully, you'll make it your new
home! ;o)

Ricardo