Re: [Evolution] Red Carpet: cannot parse channel information

I am seeing the same thing.  Started Wednesday night, I think.  I thought it
was the same as others are reporting (albeit with MDK 8.0 instead of RH 6) so I
just kept poking away trying to see if maybe it was something on my whacky
configuration, or if a fix would find its way downstream.

I haven't spent much time looking into it yet though.  Red-carpet was looking
real good, until it stopped working.

Anyone know of an easy way to roll back to an older snapshot?  TIA

-Connel
connel lindows com

Hal Eisen wrote:

I'm trying to use Red Carpet to upgrade to the latest Evolution
snapshot.  When RC gets to the "Downloading channel data" phase for
the Evolution Snapshot, it pops up an error dialog.  The dialog says:

  Red Carpet has encountered an error while trying to process your request:
  An error occured trying to parse channel information.

  This may be caused either by an old version of Red Carpet that is
  unable to read newer data files or by an error on the server. If you
  cancel, Red Carpet will quit.

  You should report this error to red-carpet ximian com
  Error code: CP-1

The dialog has buttons for Retry and Cancel.  No matter how many times
I press Retry, the error stays the same.  If I press Cancel, RC exits
and I can't even work with non-Evolution channels.

I've filed a bug against RC in bugzilla, but I thought it might not be
an actual RC bug, but rather a problem with the way the channel data
is pushed out by the Evolution nightly builds.

I'm running "red-carpet-1.0-ximian.10" and
"evolution-0.10.99-snap.ximian.200107121518" though this also happens
on "red-carpet-1.0.93-ximian.1".  My OS is Red Hat 6.1 with a 2.2.16
kernel.

Any ideas?  Is anyone else seeing this?

                                                Hal