Re: [Evolution] Cooker'd Evo builds no good?

On 09 Aug 2001 09:15:21 +0200, Frederic Crozat said:
On 08 Aug 2001 13:18:47 -0700, Karel P Kerezman wrote:
 > Argh... I've tried three successive point releases from Mandrake Cooker on my
 > LM8 box here, no go. Doesn't matter if I have a ~/evolution directory or not.
 >
 > Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to `BonoboObject'
 >
 > Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-object.c: line 1041
 > (bonobo_object_corba_objref): assertion `BONOBO_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed.
 >
 > That's just the latest problem message, up to this point (trying to blow out
 > and reinstall lots of Bonobo, Oaf, Gal, GtkHTML and so on, I would get things
 > like No Folder To Display). Help?

 Could you check version of :
 libgal9, bonobo, libbonobo2, GConf, libGConf1, gtkhtml, libgtkhtml14,
 liboaf0 ?

libgal9-0.10-1mdk
bonobo-1.0.7-2mdk
libbonobo2-1.0.7-2mdk
GConf-1.0.3-1mdk

ACK! libGConf1 was only 1.0.0!

Updated...

Damn me. It's running now.

Er, maybe some RPM dependencies would be in order? I admit near-total ignorance
here, but it never occurred to me to even look to see if there was a libGConf
package set, and at no point in the upgrading process to Evo .12 was I ever
bugged about it. (I'm a recent Mandrake "convert," and the whole "libPackage"
thing is still surprising me from time to time.)

I see my messages, folders, etc. So far, so good. Thank you, thank you, thank
you!

 Try to run oaf-slay before starting evolution..

Every time. I used Evo near-exclusively on my former workstation. ;)