[Evolution] evolution eats all cpu for several seconds when checking mail

I've set evolution to check mail every 10 min and this becomes
a pain as I can't do anything for several seconds while evo
syncronises vfolders (I have about 20), filling status
bar with lots of little messages Resuming folder 0% complete...

Can the code be optimised there? I don't care about status bar
to show Resuming folder, Syncronising folder and so on.

Thanks!
--
Marius Andreiana