Re: [Evolution] Key Binding to compliment page up/page down

On 08 Aug 2001 10:50:13 -0500, Ricardo Amadeo Contreras wrote:
On 07 Aug 2001 21:24:32 -0500, Stephen M. Williams wrote:
On 07 Aug 2001 20:30:41 -0500, Clayton Stephens wrote:
I have noticed that in both the preview pane in evo mail, or when
viewing a mail in it's own window, page up and page down work just fine.
But end and home do not.  Is this a keybinding that should be set
somewhere (i.e. in the gcc or something), or can this be integrated
directly into evo?  I know that some programs use end, or ctrl+end,
etc., to move to the end of a document and so forth.  Perhaps evo can
have the same capability.

Have a look in the Control Center, under HTML viewer, then the Keyboard
Shortcuts tab.  At the bottom is a drop-down where you can select Emacs
type bindings, MS type, etc.

True, you can select a style of key bindings (Emacs, MS-style, or even a
custom style) from within the control center, but it still doesn't solve
the problem.  If you look closely at the available "commands" you can
bind, there are no commands for things like "take me to the end" or
"take me to the begining" of a document.  Actually, there aren't even
commands for "page-up" or "page-down", so it appears that the html
viewer has these preconfigured and aren't modifiable (even if I chose to
make custom key-bindings).

HOME (in composing with MS-style) takes you to the beginning of the line
and END takes you the the end of the line.  In simply viewing an e-mail
message, HOME and END seem to be useless, as Clayton originally noted.

Ricardo

I have mine set to Emacs like and home/end take me to the beginning and
end of the mail.  CTRL+A and CTRL+E take me to the beginning and end of
the lines.  As for customizing it, I've never attempted to so I cannot
comment on that.

--
Stephen Williams
mailto:rootusr midsouth rr com

* I've tried killing time, but it keeps making a comeback.