[Evolution] UI issue with failing connections and their dialogs

I just came home after being away for a day or so, and I've had
Evolution running while away. For some reason, my network connection has
been down most of the time I was away, and when Evo dutifully checked
mail every ten minutes, it couldn't, and popped up a warning dialog -
one dialog per server, every ten minutes for an entire night and day...
Needless to say, that's a _lot_ of dialogs to click away.

My suggestion (and I'd like a bit of feedback on this) would be to
dispense with those dialogs entirely, and instead write a warning on the
bottom toolbar thingy in the main window. This warning would remain
until something else displayed a line on it (checking new mail,
whatever), so that the user always can see whether the latest fetch
worked.

An alternative (but perhaps inferior) alternative would be to remove the
dialogs after some time (1 minute, perhaps) even if they aren't clicked
on.

--
Trust the Computer. The Computer is your friend.

Mr. Jan Morén                          Dept. of Cognitive Science
Tel. +46-046 222 8588                  Kungshuset, Lund
Fax. +46-046 222 9758                  S-222 22 Lund, Sweden