Re: [Evolution] UI issue with failing connections and their dialogs

On 08 Aug 2001 23:50:02 +0200, Janne wrote:

My suggestion (and I'd like a bit of feedback on this) would be to
dispense with those dialogs entirely, and instead write a warning on the
bottom toolbar thingy in the main window. This warning would remain
until something else displayed a line on it (checking new mail,
whatever), so that the user always can see whether the latest fetch
worked.

Agreed.  At work I connect to one local account and a pop3 dialup
account.  I prefer to leave both with a timed mail check without having
to worry about strange things happening if I am not dialed up.

Steve
Steven Tryon
stryon attglobal net
ICQ 102798975