Re: [Evolution] How to setup Evo as default mail handler

On 07 Aug 2001 09:45:02 -0400, Vladimir Vuksan wrote:
On 06 Aug 2001 21:14:28 -0400, Michael Leone wrote:

I went to URL Handlers, in Gnome Control Center. Had to create a new
protocol entry - called mailto: (yes, with the :)
Command was evolution "%s".

Went to my home page - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon> - clicked on
the <mailto:> link at the bottom of the page.
Figured I'd see an Evolution composer window come up. And a KMAIL
composer window came up instead. <G>.

What did I do wrong? (yes, I tried mailto [no :]. No difference)

Which browser are you using ? If you are using Konqueror (KDE's Web
browser) you have to change the mailto: handling in KDE Control Center.

I was using Konqueror, but in Gnome, not in KDE. Didn't think to restart
back into KDE to change that setting. I'll try that.

BTW, using Mozilla as default browser, I now get a Mozilla mail compose
window, when clicking on the MAILTO: link. :-) I can't seem to figure
out how to get an Evo compose window; I've gotten 2 other types of
compose windows. :-)

--
Vladimir

Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
<mailto:turgon mike-leone com>    ICQ: 50453890     AIM: MikeLeone

Taking a mental stroll through the psychic park of pleasure.